Your Government - Boards and Committees
One way to become actively involved with the staff and Supervisors of Moon Township is to serve on one or more of the various boards, councils and commissions. These boards are designed to help the Township better understand the needs and desires of the residents, business owners and developers who have chosen this community as their place to live, work, worship and play. Residents who serve on these committees are advocates for the people of Moon Township; each member brings with them their own experiences, advice and input which can be influential when policy decisions and ordinances are voted on.
Unless there is a mid-year vacancy, most board appointments are made at the January Board of Supervisors meeting. Township residents interested in volunteering for one boards or commissions should submit a letter of interest and resume to, Moon Township Manager, 1000 Beaver Grade Road, Moon Twp., PA 15108.
The Moon Township Board of Supervisors is responsible for appointing persons to serve on the following boards, councils and commissions.
- -Moon Township Municipal Authority
- -Riverview Sanitary Authority
- -Moon Township Planning Commission
- -Moon Township Zoning Hearing Board
- -Moon Transportation Authority
- -Parks & Recreation Board
- -Valley Ambulance Authority
- -Vacancy Board
- -Cable TV Advisory Board
- -Library Board of Trustees
- -Moon Industrial Development Authority
- -Moon Township Recreation Authority
- -UCC Board of Appeals
- -Environmental Advisory Council
- -Historical Architectural Review Board