Farmers' Market - Vendor Application
The Moon Township Farmers’ Market operated in many locations over the years. It thrived at Robin Hill Park for over 10 years and simply ran out of space for vendors and parking. The move to Moon Park was shorter lived, and some folks had trouble getting to the more remote location.
In 2015, after a short hiatus, the very popular Moon Township Farmers’ Market returned to a new, highly visible and accessible location at the Municipal Building Complex on the bustling intersection of Beaver Grade and Thorn Run (1000 Beaver Grade Road). With plenty of vendor space and ample parking, vendors and shoppers are growing in numbers.
We take pride in being a traditional producer-only market. This means that all vendors must grow or make at least 75 percent of their own products for sale. All vendors meet strict guidelines for health and safety.
We are always looking for new vendors and in-kind sponsors for giveaways and marketing. We want to provide our customers with more variety and options. Specifically, we’re looking for:
- Dairy producers – eggs, cheese, butter and milk products
- Ice cream
- Hot prepared food
- Foodie trucks – organic or homemade products
- Wineries, breweries, and distilleries
- Antique sellers
- Artists and crafters
The Moon Township Farmers’ Market offers vendors:
- • A 10 x 20-foot space, at a full-season rate of $100; half-season rate of $50; or day rate, as available, for $10
- • Market promotion in the Messenger, a quarterly publication mailed to all Moon Township households (over 11,000 residences)
- • Market promotion on Government Review, a monthly television program that airs multiple times each month on Moon Area Government Television (MAG-TV), reaching over 45,000 households in and around Moon Township
- • Market promotion in monthly email newsletters, distributed to over 1,500 subscribers
- • Promotion to over 1,800 followers of the Moon Township Facebook page
- • Listed as a vendor on moontwp.com
STEP 1: Complete the vendor interest form (below).
STEP 2: We will contact you to discuss your application and our vendor agreement.
STEP 4: Provide the following documents, as applicable:
- • A copy of any applicable permits, such as Allegheny County Health Department, Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board, Sales Tax, etc.
- • An insurance certificate naming the Township of Moon as additional insured
- • A check payable to the Township of Moon ($100 per spot/full season; $50 per spot/half season; $10 per day, as available)
For additional information, contact:
412.262.1703 ext. 402