2009 Fire Report:
Here’s a brief glimpse of their year:
-243 alarms answered
-2,828 hours on duty
-2,594 man hours in training
-6,814 man hours in work details
-12, 219 total accountable volunteer man hours
Departments - Fire Department - Fire Safety
Fire Safety Tips
- -Inspect and service heating systems to ensure they are working properly and efficiently.
- -Dispose of ashes from wood burning appliances into a metal container, not into the trash and store away from any combustible material.
- -Allow lawnmowers and other powered equipment to run out of fuel prior to storing.
- -Test all smoke detectors and replace their batteries.
- -Prepare an emergency supply kit including a flashlight, batteries, first aid kit, radio, bottled water, nonperishable food, and personal medications.
- -Most importantly, have a home evacuation plan that is understood and practiced by all members of the household