Moon Township Pennsylvania • 1000 Beaver Grade Road, Moon Township, PA 15108 • 412.262.1700
The offices of Moon Township will remain working, but will be closed to the public. Residents may interact with Township staff by phone or email and may also make specific appointments to meet with staff if necessary. Moon Township is taking precautions to keep our community safe during this time of uncertainty. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we all work through this difficult situation. Our highest priority is the health and well-being of our community at large. If you have a question or concern, please call the Township at 412.262.1700. For more information and updates on COVID-19 virus, visit the Allegheny County Health Department website at alleghenycounty.us/healthdepartment
INFORMATION FOR PENNSYLVANIA EMPLOYEES IMPACTED BY COVID-19
SMALL BUSINESS OWNER INFO
Please visit this link, Governor’s Order for information, restrictions related to construction activities.
The Governor’s Order has restricted construction activities with exceptions.
The entire state of PA is under a “stay at home” order so construction activity should be limited.
Specifically, residential construction projects that are substantially complete may continue to completion. Projects that are “substantially completed” are those projects that have been issued a final occupancy permit.
For all other residential construction projects limited activities may continue to the extent necessary to stabilize the site, temporarily prevent weather damage, or make emergency repairs only.
Emergency repairs, limited to performing those tasks necessary to provide repair
services to customers, may continue.
Questions regarding the waiver process, or whether a business or activity is subject to the Governor’s Order must be directed to the State.
Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic and Federal and State Declarations of Emergency, Waste Management has modified garbage and recycling service beginning Tuesday March 24th.
Garbage and refuse will only be collected if contained in a closed bag, and whenever possible placed in trash cans. No bulk items such as furniture, mattresses, appliances, yard waste or any other loose item will be collected.
Recycling will only be collected if it is contained in a designated recycling container. Recycling materials must not be bagged. No loose items such as a stack of cardboard boxes will be collected.
We do not know when normal service will be restored. The Township of Moon leadership team will remain in communication with Waste Management and we will let you know when loose and bulk items will again be picked up.
For more information, visit moontma.com.
UPDATE: As of Friday, March 20, 2020 Moon Park is CLOSED. We apologize for this inconvenience, we look forward to re-opening the park following this event.
All indoor rentals at Robin Hill Park are canceled through April. All Moon Parks programs are suspended through the month of April and the Senior Connection remains closed. In addition, the following park events are also canceled.
The Moon Parks Office will remain open by phone only. We can be reached at 412-262-1703. Thank you for your patience.
Effective immediately and until further notice, the Moon Township Police Department is modifying its operations to protect our residents and police staff as a response to the current COVID-19 outbreak.
1. For emergency calls where a person’s personal safety or property are immediately endangered, please continue to call 412-262-5000 or 911 right away. Officers will continue to promptly respond to the scene in a manner appropriate to the emergency.
2. Reports of previous crimes, suspicious behaviors (not currently occurring), information requests, general complaints and similar needs, please call 412-262-5000 or 911. The dispatcher will provide details to an officer who will screen the call to determine the appropriate response. For circumstances that may not require a face-to-face interaction, an officer will call the complainant by phone to see if the request for police assistance or information can be handled over the phone.
3. Walk-in complaints at the police station are discouraged except for emergency situations. Complainants should evaluate if there is another way of communicating with the Moon Police personnel besides in person at the police station. If complainants stop at the police station in person, they will not be permitted past our lobby area and will communicate with our dispatch staff though the window area. An officer will then determine whether they will interact with the complainant through the window, or in the lobby area. At the officer’s discretion, the complainant may be invited into the police station depending upon the circumstances.
4. To request a copy of a police report, please call 412-262-5000 between the hours of 7 am and 3 pm on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, between 7 am and 6 pm on Wednesday, and between 7 am and 11 am on Friday.
5. We will continue to process Pennsylvania State Reportable Crash Reports for insurance companies via US mail upon receipt of the mandated fee. Individual citizen requests are discouraged, as they would require in person visits and insurance companies are responsible for collecting these reports for their clients.
6. Fingerprinting services, child safety seat installations, and police department tours are suspended indefinitely. If you need to be fingerprinted, find an authorized “IdentoGo” location at https://www.identogo.com/ .
Be aware, for the safety of both the public and department personnel, we may implement further modifications.
Thank you to everyone for your understanding and cooperation. As always, we will do our best to serve and protect every member of our community during this unusual and difficult time.
1000 Beaver Grade Road
Moon Township, PA 15108
Fill out the form below to get in touch with a member of our townships staff. Or reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 412.262.1700.